The Profile of the Integral Medical Surgeon graduating from Universidad Cuauhtémoc will be a professional trained to offer the highest quality in General Medicine services, capable of comprehensively tending to the necessities of promotion, prevention, recuperation and/or health rehabilitation. All of this from the individual, family or community point of view, with an emphasis on the clinic and through the doctor-patient relationship. From this relationship surge actions founded in the scientific knowledge of biological and psychological phenomena, ethics and humanism, and he or she will:
• Be a human being capable of tending to the main elements that affect health in the place where he or she works, in the levels of promotion, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
• Make a health diagnosis in the community where he or she works in the levels of promotion, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
• Be acquainted with the organization and functioning of the sanitary infrastructure in public and private health institutions that are responsible for providing health services.
• Contribute in the resolution to epidemiological problems in the state of Aguascalientes and in the Mexican Republic according to national and state health plans.
• Provide prenuptial education, prenatal care, delivery and postpartum attention, breastfeeding as well as the most common complications of these stages, both in urban and rural zone.
• Provide quality care to newborns and children under one year of age, 1-4 and 4-14 years old, adults and the elderly of both sexes.
• Will give a preventive and diagnostic health care of the most common mental disorders and begin handling before a specialized reference.
• Will properly attend surgical medical emergencies that the general practice allows to manage and will channel patients to a specialist in a timely and proper care.
• Professional Performance will be based on ethics and humanism where values and attitudes are implicit along the service.
• Clinic research will be used in their professional practice in order to increase knowledge regarding diagnosis and treatment of diseases, risk factors and disseminate them among local, national and international medical community.
• Develop a broad knowledge of the main professional areas:
⚬ Individual care.
⚬ Family care.
⚬ Community care.
⚬ Teaching and research.
• The main activity will be at First-Level Medical Service, in which the student will:
⚬ Apply and foster primary preventive measures, health promotion and specific protection, accordingly to the individual, family and community damages and risk evaluation.
⚬ Have an integral patient management, considering him or her as a biological, psychological and social unit.
⚬ Identify health needs through the community’s morbi-mortality data gathering, processing and analysis.
⚬ Make a timely diagnosis and treatment of the most common diseases.
⚬ Refer to other attention levels the clinical cases which warrant.
He will also be able to:
• Organize teamwork.
• Work in multidisciplinary teams.
• Be a leader on his field, accordingly to his competency level and professional role.
• Interrelate medicine with other professions.
• Generate a correct doctor-patient, and co-worker relationship.
• Organize individual and family medical histories.
• Build health-disease diagnosis of the individual, family and community.
• Adequately interpret lab tests and diagnosis aids.
• Promote health education to foster life quality.
• Develop a scientific evidence medicine.
• Recognize his competency limits and responsibility.